farfalle pasta with herb-marinated grilled shrimp recipe
farfalle with herb-marinated grilled shrimp
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 pound fresh uncooked extra-large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails on ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (optional)
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 pound farfalle pasta or penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 jar (24 ounce) farm to fork® tomato basil sauce with fresh basil, heated
- To butterfly shrimp, slice down back of shrimp with small sharp knife, almost completely through. Spread and flatten to form butterfly shape.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, herbs and red pepper in shallow bowl. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 min. to marinate.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Grill or broil shrimp until pink and opaque, turning halfway.
- Top hot pasta with sauce and shrimp. Top with shrimp. Garnish with additional chopped parsley, if desired.